Contractors Plant & Machinery(CPM)
CPM insurance covers all physical damage done to a contractor’s machinery that is not specifically excluded by the policy. This includes accidents not due to gross negligence and acts of God, such as falling trees or storm damage.
Need for CPM Insurance
Various types of Contractor’s Plant and Machineries like excavators, rollers, dumpers, earth moving equipment, cranes, drilling machines etc utilized in the construction or Erection site are always exposed to numerous risks and hazards including natural calamities.
Insurance provides cover to Contractors Plant and Machinery against unforeseen and sudden physical damage whether at work or rest, while being dismantled or in the course of such operations or while being shifted, re-erected while such items are at the erection site.
Contractors’ machinery is exposed to the following hazards
- Overturning in rugged and unfamiliar terrain
- Boom collapse of cranes due to lifting problems or mechanical failure
- Exposure to the natural elements
- Fire and Lightning.
- Accidental damage like defective workmanship and material, lack of skill, Negligence, Malicious act, or Human error.
- Water damage, Flood, Storm, Tempest, Inundation.
- Collapse, Collision, Impact.
- Theft & Burglary.
- Subsidence, landslide, Rockslide.
- Third Party personal injury & property damage
- Insured’s own surrounding property damage
- Clearance and removal of debris
- Express freight, holiday & overtime charges.
- Additional Custom Duty
What’s not covered?
- Damage caused by wilful act negligence
- Electrical/Mechanical breakdown, overloading, internal explosion
- Damage to exchangeable parts
- Damage to water borne vessel, vehicles for road use
- Total/partial immersion in tidal water
- During transit from one site to another.
- Inventory losses
- War, nuclear reaction etc.
- Loss or damage for which the supplier or manufacturer is responsible either by law or under contract
The construction business, responsible for constructing buildings, roads, factories, and bridges, is what drives an economy forward. Those in this business make use of heavy machinery and equipment to undertake a multitude of construction jobs. Emedlife understands the construction business inside out and is adept at providing the correct CPM cover to protect you from any exigencies.
Talk to us today for all your Engineering Risk Insurance needs at an affordable price and for reliable claims management.
For registration of claims and to learn more about our claims process please Contact our dedicated claims team for advice on an incident/claim.
D&O Policy protect company director or officer from legal liability arising out of actual or alleged wrongful acts in managing a company.
- The policy covers a wide range of litigation that could arise from customers, vendors, shareholders, employees.
- In addition to defence cost, it provides cover for :
- Investigation Cost
- Entity Protection against Employment Practice Liability claims
- Outside Entity Directorship cover,etc.