Product Recall Insurance
In any business where there is a physical product there will also be contingencies that arise from its failings. There are some very specific contingencies that we can help you with in protecting your balance sheet and brand, particularly with the growth of globalization with Indian companies expanding overseas, exports increasing and more International companies forming local Joint Ventures to work in India.
Need for Product Recall Insurance
The trigger to activate Product Recall Insurance is when the products in question pose an imminent threat of bodily injury or property damage.
You have a duty after the discovery of any defect or danger in a product supplied to take precautions (including a recall of the product if necessary) against injury or damage caused by it. You decide therefore to recall such a defective product before it causes such injury or damage to third parties and to your brand reputation. Prime examples over recent years have included tyres, mineral water, and chocolate.
Product Recall Liability Insurance indemnifies the insured for those sums that the insured becomes legally obligated to pay as compensatory damages arising out of recall, removal, recovery of possession or control, or disposal of the Product that is manufactured, sold, marketed, handled, or distributed by the insured. Product Recall Insurance is typically provided as an add-on to a Product Liability Insurance policy.
- Product recall expenses, such as disposal, replacement, advertising, and transport
- Pre-recall expenses
- Third party recall expenses
- Government recalls
- Business interruption
- Loss of gross profits/revenue
- Accidental contamination
- Product rehabilitation
- Increased cost of working after a recall
- Extortion demands related to malicious tampering
- Terrorism cover
- Consultancy costs
What’s not covered?
- Changes in population, customer tastes, economic conditions, and the like.
- Costs and expenses of litigation before governmental bodies because of a covered loss.
- Any directive or demand for clean-up of pollutants because of a covered loss.
- Deterioration, decomposition, or transformation of the chemical structure of the insured’s product unless caused by a covered loss.
- Intentional acts by personnel of the insured.
We make the effort to fully understand your business and its unique needs. Our team will find the right coverage and insurer to protect your products and business. Emedlife helps you in understanding the fine print so that you are not stranded with deficient covers which can expose you to crippling high impact claims.
Talk to us today for all your Product Liability insurance needs at an affordable price and for reliable claims management.
For registration of claims and to learn more about our claims process please Contact our dedicated claims team for advice on an incident/claim.
D&O Policy protect company director or officer from legal liability arising out of actual or alleged wrongful acts in managing a company.
- The policy covers a wide range of litigation that could arise from customers, vendors, shareholders, employees.
- In addition to defence cost, it provides cover for :
- Investigation Cost
- Entity Protection against Employment Practice Liability claims
- Outside Entity Directorship cover,etc.