Doctor’s PI Insurance
Professional indemnity insurance for doctors is a liability insurance for doctors that provides cover against professional risks such as negligent misdiagnosis, incorrect medicine dosage, surgery-related procedures or wrong course of treatment suggested, etc. It provides coverage in case a patient or any third-party claims injury, harm, death, or financial loss due to the insured medical practitioner’s service, consultation or advice and can also protect doctors from any libel or slander.
Need for Doctor’s PI Insurance
People receiving medical treatment today have high expectations and a greater awareness of their rights to quality care. If these are not met, they are more likely than ever to seek redress through the courts. As litigation against the medical profession continues to grow and the resultant awards become larger, many of those working in this field are finding it increasingly difficult to find both affordable and comprehensive insurance. This is an area where expert impartial advice is essential.
- Defence costs
- Third-party damages
- Breach of confidentiality
- Libel and slander
- Loss of documents
- Claims arising out of professional services
- Damages for loss arising out of a professional incident which takes place in the coverage territory during the policy period
What’s not covered?
- Medical treatment given for weight loss, plastic surgery, genetic damages, and conditions associated with AIDS
- Criminal act, penalties, fines, punitive, and exemplary damages
- Intentional non-compliance, wilful neglect, deliberate act
- Loss of goodwill
- Medical practice done under the influence of alcohol or narcotics
- Losses arising due to an act of war/terrorism/invasion
- Losses arising due to fraudulent claims or contractual liability
- Claims based upon/ or losses/liability arising due to any actual or alleged unfair competition
- Losses arising due to insolvency or bankruptcy
With the rise in consumer awareness levels, more cases of malpractice being reported from all over the country and courts being more empathetic towards the consumer, the traditional doctor patient relationship has changed. It is therefore imperative for Doctor’s to protect themselves from such lawsuits. At Emedlife we ensure you are well covered for any such lawsuits that may arise during the course of your practice.
Talk to us today for all your Doctor’s PI insurance needs at an affordable price and for reliable claims management.
For registration of claims and to learn more about our claims process please Contact our dedicated claims team for advice on an incident/claim.
D&O Policy protect company director or officer from legal liability arising out of actual or alleged wrongful acts in managing a company.
- The policy covers a wide range of litigation that could arise from customers, vendors, shareholders, employees.
- In addition to defence cost, it provides cover for :
- Investigation Cost
- Entity Protection against Employment Practice Liability claims
- Outside Entity Directorship cover,etc.