People travel for various reasons today – for studies, for work, or to have a memorable vacation with their friends and family. However, a lot could go wrong on the way. Your passport could be stolen, you may miss a transit flight, and – if the worst comes to the worst – you may be physically injured in a foreign land where you don’t know anyone and medical costs could be high. Such scenarios can be scary; the wise thing to do would be to plan for them well in advance. That’s how the idea of travel insurance came about.
Need for Travel Insurance
A good comprehensive travel insurance plan can take care of things that can go wrong, leaving you to enjoy your trip, worry-free!
Embarking on overseas travel whether for business or leisure requires extensive preparation to ensure that the journey would be fruitful and safe. Therefore, having travel insurance becomes an essential part of travelling. It not only acts as a safety net against the risk of incurring unforeseen medical expenses but also safeguards against other travel related emergencies that could spoil your trip; for example – losing a passport or checked-in baggage.
Key Reasons to avail travel insurance
- Mandatory for International travel
- Prepares you for unforeseen medical expenses
- Covers personal liability
- Other travel related emergencies
- All Individuals
- Medical Tourism
- Corporates from all industries
Baggage Covers (Available for International Travel Insurance and Student Travel Insurance) We cover you for all the mishaps that can happen to your baggage and travel-related documents. This includes:
- Baggage loss: If your Checked baggage gets lost in Theft or misdirection by the common carrier or also due to non-delivery at its destination, we will compensate you for your lost belongings. You will be compensated if your entire luggage is lost during transit. However, this is not applicable if your luggage is damaged or in case of a partial loss.
- Baggage delay: In case there’s a delay or misdirection of your checked-in baggage by the airline, we will reimburse you the expense of necessary personal effects items so that you can continue with your trip smoothly.
When it comes to medical emergencies, we have a healthy recovery plan for you:
- Injuries during the trip: You will be compensated for the treatment of an injury, sickness, or dental treatment incurred during the trip, if they are not a part of the exclusions. Compassionate visit: If you fall sick or get injured on your trip, a two-way ticket will be provided to a member of your family to visit you and stay at your bedside.
- Interruption of study (under the Student Guard plan): If your studies have been interrupted due to your sickness or in case of the death of a family member, we will reimburse your tuition fees that have been paid to your educational institution.
- Medical evacuation: If it has been judged that you need to be relocated to another location for better treatment (according to our medical panel), we will provide the appropriate means to evacuate you.
- Accidental death: We will pay back 100% of the principal sum if the insured dies while on the trip. We will also arrange for the repatriations of their remains back to their city of residence. Please bear in mind that you will be reimbursed as per the coverage of your policy; If you want to avail a higher compensation, you should opt for a higher Sum Insured.
- Baggage handling is just one aspect of the all-round protection we provide. In case something goes wrong during your journey, you will be covered for the following situations:
- Trip Delay: We will reimburse you additional expenses if your flight is delayed for more than 12 hours due to a covered hardship.
- Bounced flight/hotel bookings: You will be compensated for any bounced flight and hotel bookings if they have been made in advance.
- Lost passport: You will be reimbursed for the cost of obtaining a duplicate or a new passport if it is reported to the police within 24 hours of you realizing it was stolen. In all the above scenarios, you will be reimbursed as per your sum insured. Additionally, you are allowed:
- In the case of the hijacking: You will be eligible for a distress allowance if insured’s common carrier has been hijacked
- Fraudulent Charges: If payment card as specified in the schedule is lost or stolen, we will reimburse the unauthorized charges up to 12 / hours prior to the first reporting the event to the payment card issuer(s).
- Home burglary: In case your house has been robbed while on your trip, we will repay you for any loss or damage caused to your home up to the benefit sum insured. No benefit is payable if the House is unoccupied for more than 90 days.
- Personal Liability: Covers damages for claims legally filed on insured against property damage and medical expenses to others because of bodily injury caused by insured in an accident.
What’s not covered?
- Loss of baggage: Loss of baggage is not covered if the items were shipped separately or prior to your travel.
- If the policy does not cover the area of travel: For instance, the Student Guard plan will not be responsible for the loss of baggage within India.
- Unreported theft of belongings: If you have not reported the loss of your baggage, passport, or travel documents to the relevant authorities, you will not be able to make a claim on them.
- Involvement in illegal activities: If you have been involved in felony, deceit, violence, or other malicious acts, your claim might be rejected.
- Participation in adventure sports: If you have been involved in adventure sports such as skydiving, scuba diving, or mountain diving, the policy will not be in effect.
- Undertaking manual work: Undertaking any manual work that could potentially be dangerous to your health could disqualify you from being eligible to claim reimbursement.
- You’re not following doctor’s orders: If you are unwell and have travelled against the advice of your doctor, you will not be eligible for any reimbursement for medical aid.
- Pre-existing conditions: Any complications arising due to pre-existing health conditions are not covered.
- Self-inflicted injuries: Treatment due to self-inflicted injuries and suicide attempts will not be covered.
- You are pregnant or have any related condition: Any conditions arising due to your pregnancy, including birth control and surgical procedure, are not covered by the policy.
- Other exclusions: Claim made for sexually transmitted diseases, mental disorders, or injuries made under the influence of alcohol or drugs (that were not prescribed medically) will not be covered.
Having Travel Insurance protects you against all health related threats and provides medical, financial and other assistance to you and your family in case of any emergency while traveling abroad. It promises a hassle-free international tour for you. Our Travel Insurance policy is comprehensive and flexible enough to fulfil your travel needs and ensure you enjoy your vacations while we take care of your well-being. We understand the importance of swift response and efficient service in handling claims, which makes it more practical to get your Travel Insurance through us.
Talk to us today to start protecting yourself at an affordable price and for reliable claims management.
For registration of claims and to learn more about our claims process please contact our dedicated claims team for advice on an incident/claim.
D&O Policy protect company director or officer from legal liability arising out of actual or alleged wrongful acts in managing a company.
- The policy covers a wide range of litigation that could arise from customers, vendors, shareholders, employees.
- In addition to defence cost, it provides cover for :
- Investigation Cost
- Entity Protection against Employment Practice Liability claims
- Outside Entity Directorship cover,etc.