Cyber Security Insurance
As per information available on the internet, India ranks 3rd among nation facing most cyber threats. Cyber Insurance is an insurance product that covers individuals from such cyber threats and protect them from loss or damage to data due to identity theft, malware attack, phishing, e-mail spoofing, privacy & data breach by third party etc. It is meant for
daily online users who are 18 years and above.
Need for Cyber Security Insurance
As individuals, we pay for home insurance and auto insurance to provide coverage in case of a fire or car crash. What about their safety from online “cyber” attacks? High-profile incidents highlight how some of the biggest threats in today’s world exist in a purely digital realm. The increasing use of the internet is also increasing the users’ risk to become a victim of thefts, hacking, cyber stalking, and digital fraud. Keeping all this scenario in mind, today the demand for cyber security insurance is going up.
What is Covered?
Cyber security insurance coverage can be classified under the following heads:
- Covers phishing, cyberstalking, malware attacks and other cyber risks.
- It provides Défense costs as a result of any claim by an affected party.
- Financial Loss due to IT theft.
- Cost of prosecuting a criminal case.
- Restoration costs of the Insured’s computer system due to damage caused by Malware.
- Cyber extortion loss that the insured incurs due to a result of Cyber Extortion Threat
- Legal fees incurred by Insured for claiming damages against a Third party for Privacy Breach and or Data Breach
- IT consultancy costs incurred due to cyber-attack.
What’s not covered?
- Dishonest or improper conduct of the insured which led to the claim
- Physical injury caused due to cyber attack
- Property damage caused by cyber attack
- Unsolicited communications by the policy holder
- Mechanical failure, standard depreciation, electrical disturbance and media failure or malfunction
Our team of cyber experts will help you identify the cyber insurance policy best suited for you. We are adept at protecting you from potentially devastating effects of cybercrimes such as malware, ransomware, or any other method used to compromise your network and sensitive data. Emedlife offers cyber insurance plans that cover a broad range of cyber risk losses that may unexpectedly arise from cyberattacks.
Talk to us today to start protecting yourself at an affordable price and for reliable claims management.
For registration of claims and to learn more about our claims process please contact our dedicated claims team for advice on an incident/claim
This Insurance policy provides protection to individuals in the event of online breach(arising directly from the use of internet) by the third parties resulting into loss
1. Covers Unauthorized Online Transactions.
2. Covers loss due to phishing & email spoofing.
3. Pays for legal advice & covers legal cost expenses.