One of The Key Responsibilities of a Company Is to Provide A Safe and Healthy Working Environment. In An Unfortunate Event Of An Employee Suffering A Bodily Injury (Temporary Or Permanent), Or Death During The Course Of Employment ,Employer Is Legally Liable To Pay Compensation To The Employee Under The Employee’s Compensation Act 1923 And Subsequent Amendments Of The Said Act, The Fatal Accidents Act 1855, And At Common Law. Our Policy Provides Protection to The Employer Against This Statutory Liability. In Indian Context with The Advent of Global Work Environment and Increased Employee Right Awareness Which Can Translate into Costly Lawsuits and Exorbitant Compensation the Policy Provides Protection to The Employers.
Need for Workmen Compensation Insurance
The policy covers statutory liability of an Employer for death or bodily injuries caused to employees due to accidents arising out of and in the course of employment.
- Cover For:
- Permanent total disablement
- Permanent partial disablement
- Temporary disablement
- Additionally, legal costs and expenses incurred with our consent
- Policy can also be extended to include medical expenditure for necessary treatment
- This Policy indemnifies the Insured in respect of:
The Company will indemnify the Insured against all sums for which the Insured shall be so liable and will in addition be responsible for all costs and expenses incurred with its consent in defending any claim for such compensation that may arise during the period of insurance due to any employee in the Insured’s immediate service sustaining personal injury by accident or disease arising out of and in the course of his employment by the Insured in the Business
- Basis of Indemnity
As per Employees Compensation Act, 1923 and the amendments thereof and liabilities incurred by the insured under Common Law only up to limit of indemnity agreed
What’s not covered?
- For Injury caused to Employee by accident directly or indirectly caused by or arising from or in consequence of or attributable to war, invasion, act of foreign enemy, hostilities (whether war be declared or not) civil war, mutiny, insurrection, rebellion, revolution or military or usurped power, nuclear weapons material, ionising radiations or contamination by radioactivity from any nuclear fuel or from any nuclear waste from the combustion of nuclear fuel.
- Accidents occurring at any other place than the Place or Places of Employment specified in the Schedule, unless the Employee was at such other place whilst on duty for the purpose of Business and on the directions of the Insured or any of its official authorised to exercise control and supervision over the Employee.
- For Occupational Diseases contracted by an Employee
- For interest and/or penalty imposed on the Insured under any law or otherwise.
At Emedlife, we have a deep understanding of workmen’s compensation insurance and that it is the primary method by which an employer can demonstrate the ability to satisfy the obligations imposed by the worker’s compensation statutes. Our team has in-depth knowledge about the compensation payable under a scheme set out in the Workmen’s Compensation Act of India, monitored by the Ministry of Labour.
Talk to us today to start protecting your workmen at an affordable price and for reliable claims management.
For registration of claims and to learn more about our claims process please contact our dedicated claims team for advice on an incident/claim.
D&O Policy protect company director or officer from legal liability arising out of actual or alleged wrongful acts in managing a company.
- The policy covers a wide range of litigation that could arise from customers, vendors, shareholders, employees.
- In addition to defence cost, it provides cover for :
- Investigation Cost
- Entity Protection against Employment Practice Liability claims
- Outside Entity Directorship cover,etc.