Erection All Risk Insurance(EAR)
EAR policies are designed to cover the risk of loss arising out of the erection and installation of machinery, plant and steel structures, including physical damage to the contract works, equipment and machinery, and liability for third-party bodily injury (BI) or property damage (PD) arising out of these operations. Coverage for delay in start-up (DSU) costs is typically an optional coverage. Covered parties include the general contractor, subcontractors, and in some cases suppliers and manufacturers of equipment.
Need for Erection All Risk Insurance
The long process of erecting a whole building structure requires time and a lot of hard work. Besides the construction, there is equipment and machinery that need to be set up, tested, and installed for a construction plant to successfully function. So, as the process involves several steps and equipment and people working on establishing a complete building, structure or plant, there are also several risks and threats involved. Hence you need an Erection All Risk policy to protect you and your resources from the start to finish of the process of erecting a new structure.
What is Covered?
Coverage is on an ‘all-risks’ basis and includes:
- Fire, lightning, explosion, aircraft damage
- Riot, strike, malicious act
- Flood, inundation, storm, cyclone, and allied perils
- Landslide, subsidence, and rockslide
- Burglary and theft
- Faults in erection
- Human errors, negligence.
- Short circuiting, arcing, excess voltage
- Electrical and mechanical breakdown
- Collapse, damage due to foreign objects, impact damages
- Any other sudden, unforeseen, accidental damages not explicitly excluded.
What’s not covered?
- Loss or damage due to faulty design, defective material of casting and/or bad workmanship
- Manufacturing defects
- Loss or damage due to wilful act or wilful negligence
- Consequential loss
- Loss or damage due to war or warlike operations
- Loss or damage due to nuclear reaction, nuclear radiation, or radioactive contamination
- Losses due to normal wear and tear, gradual deterioration
- Cessation of work
- Inventory losses
Civil Engineering is innovation in practice, and it is what builds up and directs a country toward the path of progress. However, such large-scale construction operations are accompanied by a tangible degree of risk in terms of loss or damage to the raw materials and machines, or even delay or harm to the actual structures. Emedlife has the requisite manpower to under and analyse these risks and guide on the best suited protection for your business and thereby helping you secure it all.
Talk to us today for all your Engineering Risk Insurance needs at an affordable price and for reliable claims management.
For registration of claims and to learn more about our claims process please Contact our dedicated claims team for advice on an incident/claim.
D&O Policy protect company director or officer from legal liability arising out of actual or alleged wrongful acts in managing a company.
- The policy covers a wide range of litigation that could arise from customers, vendors, shareholders, employees.
- In addition to defence cost, it provides cover for :
- Investigation Cost
- Entity Protection against Employment Practice Liability claims
- Outside Entity Directorship cover,etc.